Sunday, March 6, 2011

Style

I have found my problem with grammar. I have too much "style" in my voice. I want my writing to come off just how I sound and how my personality is and that, my friends, is where my grammatical errors get the best of me. A style reveals the writer's personality or voice, but it also shows how she or he sees the audience of the writing. If this is a true definition of style, then I have found my problem. But there can be balance when writing with style and with grammatical grace. Part of the problem with style is that it's subjective. Different readers have different ideas about what constitutes good writing style. So basically, if you have a problem with my style, get over it. Now, of course, since we are in school and writing to be graded by certain professors, I now find it a challenge to switch styles between classes. For instance, my creative writing teacher would like free-flow and imaginative writing, while my PR writing professor would like the facts with no fluff. Can a girl catch a break? So this chapter was a lesson well needed.
Grammatical error...

imgres.jpg


This was in Wal-Mart. Enough said.

No comments:

Post a Comment