Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 10

Transitions. I remember in junior high english when my teacher would assign us our paragraph homework. This would entail looking at the first sentence and identifying what the purpose of the paragraph is and then writing a paper why all of the sentences correlated or did not correlate. Then, we had to identify the transitions and whether it was a good transition or not. This assignment brought back some of those memories. 
Anyways, enough with my boring memories let’s get on to business. The website highlighted on the transitions paper was very well done. I liked how at the very bottom it had the transitional expressions. This really helped when I was doing the assignment. I liked how it showed that if it is a similarity transition then you say something like, “also” or “in the same way” to bridge the two paragraphs together. It also had the example that if there was an exception/contrast transition then you could use, “but,” “however,” “in spite of,” etc. It was genius.

Below is my editing find. I found it on another website. I thought it was funny. I personally would consider never using them to make a sign for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment