Sunday, April 3, 2011

Brought to you by noisy neighbors & Al Bundy

My name is Brittany, and I am terrible at headlines that make any sense. This is nothing new.

For the book report, I read The Great Typo Hunt. This was the best book I have read all semester! It fit perfectly with my nerd side, but also entertained me (zomg entertaining education?). Jeff Deck is my hero even though he defaced government property (then again, we were all 14 once. . .).

The book did very well with teaching the rules (mostly commas, apostrophes, and its/it's) while giving details on the trip. What surprised me the most was the reactions people had to him. It's understandable that no one likes being proven wrong, but the amount of fight people put into sticking to their "wrongness" was hilarious. An educational toy store employee told Deck she'd rather be wrong than "have a tacky looking sign". REALLY?! I want to be that devoted to something some day!

Overall, the book was an amazing read & I highly suggest it to every one. I even have my little brother on deck to read it!

2 comments:

  1. I read The Great Typo Hunt too! It was a really good book. I was surprised that even their court hearing documents had typos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your struggles with writing headlines. The book you read sounds interesting. Looking for typos can actually be fun and educational.

    ReplyDelete