Friday, February 18, 2011

Again, the Grammar Gods are Cursing Me

This semester has opened my eyes soooooo much to the world of words, grammar and MISTAKES. I never realized how thin the ice is that we, as writers, skate on. It is ridiculous to me. Now I know why people who move here from another country don't bother learning the language. Can you say "brain damage"? Homonyms and homophones are no exception. They are the epitome of grammar hell. Aisle vs. isle; site vs cite vs sight; foreword vs forward. I am dying here people! But I guess the more aware I am of the possible mistakes, the less I will make them...right?

On to the editing mistake of the week...









Loose or lose? You decide.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your post! I liked your editing mistake. You would think people would be more careful with their words if they knew they would be posted on a public sign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your picture. It made the point of the blog more relevant. And yes, that assignment might have caused brain damage to a few people. But it's a good damage, if there is such a thing.

    ReplyDelete