Sunday, February 6, 2011

Case vs. Case

Is it just me, or do the grammar head-honchos need to come up with a better word for determining the differences between when to use who over whom, etc.? There is already a grammar definition for the word case-upper and lower CASE. HELLO? Why confuse the English language anymore? I thought this at the first of the chapter while reading the heading. But after reading the chapter I get it; the meaning of case, that is. But I still call for a revolt on a word change. There can only be one "case" in the grammar world as far as I am concerned.

On to the test. Anyone else sweating bullets? I'm just throwing this out there, but I think Dr. J should have to take the test too; but closed book. I'm just saying that it is almost impossible for someone to retain all this knowledge, and after the review I think it is safe to say that she can. I would like to see what score she would get. Anyone else?

I found zero grammatical errors this week because instead of searching for everyone else's mistakes, I was too worried about mine!

2 comments:

  1. I am feeling nervous for the test too. I've mentioned before that many times I feel very confident and then I totally blow it on an assignment. It makes me second-guess myself all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! The "case" assignment threw me off as well. I thought case meant upper- and lower-case letters too. The head-honchos are totally off base. I agree about the test. There is SO much information! I'm stressing out.

    ReplyDelete