Sunday, February 13, 2011

Clarity and conciseness

A lack of clarity and conciseness on my part has forced me to partake in extra multifaceted educational supplements, otherwise known as studying. Maintaining clarity and conciseness has proven difficult for me at times. For example, when is it proper to say "janitor"? Is it wrong to say "director of custodial arts" instead of janitor? Thanks to this class I edit and re-edit my writing. I also question everything that is written. For some reason I am finding mistake on everything. Dr. J did say " it's o.k. to break grammar rules if you know how and why you are breaking them." In essence, there is often more than one right answer. Now I am even more confused than ever.

I must admit that I am somewhat worried about the test. I'm sure that I am over analyzing the situation, but I'm still petrified of taking it. Has anyone taken it yet? Also, I noticed that there is an extra credit section in the grade portion of blackboard. Does anyone know if we are going to get extra credit for this class? Good luck the rest of the way everyone.

- suffering from "senioritis" aka Deric -

3 comments:

  1. I haven't taken the test either, but I hope it won't be too hard. My mind gets all jumbled up when trying to keep all the editing rules straight. Good luck on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing wrong with saying "director of custodial arts." Just as long as I am called "master of educational prowess" by the time I graduate.

    One more thing:
    IS your hoosband home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also hope the test goes well for everyone. You seem able to keep track of all the grammar problems, so you will do fine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete