Friday, February 4, 2011

Another Week.

Now onto my week four blog entry. Week four was a crazy week. I had family in town from Vermont which made studying difficult. I promise I learned something, but it didn’t stick as well.

I am a passive writer, normally. It is just what I do. How do you make a passive writer an active writer? I have no clue, but the book does. As I read, they shared the valuable concept of avoiding there is/there are constructions. I am queen at using there is and there are. The more I write the better I become at not using this construct. Gradually, I will be the best at creating creative sentences that are void of there is/there are.

My passive writing abilities are changing. I will write emails now and as I am reviewing, questions pop up in my mind like “how can you make this sentence more active?” Is it working? Maybe, I’m not sure yet. I did get an e-mail back from my mom the other day yelling at me for not using well to describe how I am doing. Sheree, you would like my mom. She is grammatically savvy.

Onto my editing adventure. For work I had to go to the archive office in the library and look at Signposts from the 1960s. As I was reading through some of the articles I picked up on spelling mistakes. I found the word stand spelt as standd. Other than that my week was pretty low key.

No comments:

Post a Comment