Thursday, February 17, 2011

Right Words

This assignment due this week in my opinion was both easy and hard at the same time. I looked up all of the definitions in the dictionary, AP style book and When Words Collide just to be sure of my answers. This sounds weird, but I still have problems with who and whom, but I don't have any problems with whose and Who's.

This assignment also brought attention to words that sound the same but are only grammatically correct in certain ways. For example, fewer and less. Affect and effect still cause some issues but I am getting better at analyzing the definitions with further concentration on the context of the sentence. One item that I had absolutely no clue about was blond and blonde. I thought blonde was always blonde until the AP style book corrected me. How did everyone do on the test? Well I hope!

p.s. I still cannot comment on the blogs!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know there was a difference with bond and blonde!! Guess I need to reread!

    ReplyDelete