Friday, February 18, 2011

Week 7

All of my days are merging together. Today I was told that there is 38 school days left until graduation! Alleluia.

I took the test on Monday and it was easier than I expected. Then today I picked up my test at Sheree's office and realized that maybe it wasn't as easy as I thought.  

I am seriously struggling with what to write for this weeks assignment. I keep deleting it. I am glad this week's work load was lighter with only two items due. I felt like I didn't learn a ton. For the right word assignment I had to look many of them up.  

As for editing mistakes this week, I had a chance to edit a press release. Honestly, they did an impressive job when it came to punctuation, but I did have to fix a few of the style choices that they used. They used an acronym before spelling it out earlier in the release and instead of using quotations they italicised a phrase. Normally the italicised phrase would be fine according to AP style, but for the press release purpose it wasn’t.

2 comments:

  1. I had to look almost all of the words up for the right word assignment. I thought I would have known more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I looked up almost all of them. After the first few when I realized I didn't know as much as I thought I got paranoid and looked them all up even when I knew them!

    ReplyDelete