Friday, February 4, 2011

Blog...

Oh man, I am so behind on blogging. Sheree, please don’t dock off too many points. At least I am posting, right.

What concept did I learn for week three? Let me see. I gained insight on secret number three, “Organize Your Thoughts.” As I was reading through it, I was struck with how simple this step was in writing. Personally, I have never been one to strategically sit down and plan out my method of writing. After careful thought about this I am realizing that it is probably smart to sit down and follow this simple secret.

After realizing that I need to be better at planning, I took into consideration the concept of revising and I applied it. At work I wrote this profile about a man on campus. I handed in my first draft to be edited and it came back dripping in red. I went through four or five drafts before it finally came to a point where the editors liked what they saw. Revise, revise, revise. Well, I did and hopefully the final product looks better than the first.

As for editing mistakes, I am horrible at finding them. They are all around me and yet my eye just doesn’t see them easily. Horrible I know. What I did notice was how bad people are at using capitals and punctuation on facebook. Where are the capitals and the commas people? I was looking at a cousin’s post and “i” was used a million times and to no avail she did not capitalize them. Shocking, I know. She’s 16 so I’ll let it slide, but I bet her English teacher wouldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment