Friday, February 4, 2011

Glitz and Fluff

I thought that chapter 6 and chapter 7 were very informative. I enjoyed the concept of descriptive adjectives. They paint a detailed and colorful picture. I have never been one to use many adjectives. It was good to hear that not only do they add glitz or fluff, but when properly used they provide information to create a more complete picture. I will definitely be using descriptive adjectives from now on.
I thought the degrees of adjectives were interesting as well. It reminded me of the scene in Tangled between the wicked queen and Rapunzel, 'I love you,' 'I love you more,' 'I love you most'.
While growing up I learned that you should never say “me.” You should always use “I” instead. Therefore, this has been a very confusing concept to me, or as I learned growing up, this has been a very confusing concept to I. Do you wonder where I went to school? Between you and me, I am still somewhat confused about this concept. I will have to study up on it more.
As for editing errors, I do not like cutesy misspelled words. One example would be Krispy Kreme. I was watching the Simpsons this week and I noticed that they used these cutesy words in one of their episodes. Bart got his own news show entitled “Kidz Newz , Newz Kidz can Uze.” I guess these titles attract attention, but I still do not like them.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way about the misspelled and cutesy store names or titles. They drive me nuts!

    ReplyDelete