Saturday, January 8, 2011

About Me

My name is Kaylee Connors, a junior here at Weber State. It took me a while to figure out what to major in, but I finally decided on doing Journalism with a Web Publishing emphasis. I love writing and have enjoyed the media experiences I've had in the journalism industry so far. I was the a&e reporter for The Signpost for two semesters. Working for The Signpost strengthened my writing skills and taught me what good reporting is. I was also able to learn about the responsibilities of being a newspaper editor.

I stopped writing for The Signpost to pursue broadcast news. This is my third semester working for Weber State News, and I absolutely love it! I'm the producer of Studio 76, Weber State's entertainment show. It's fun to get a show together and produce stories. I also do the weather for WSN, which is a lot harder than I imagined it would be, but I enjoy the challenge.

I'm hoping my media experience will land me a job in the broadcast news industry. I would love to participate with anything behind or in front of the camera for an entertainment show. If I could replace Big Buddha or one of the hosts on Good Things Utah, my life would be complete.

As of right now, I'm focused on this semester and getting through Winter. I really hate the cold weather and would prefer temperatures near 100 degrees. If you look for me during the snowy months, you can witness me slipping and falling all over campus. I wouldn't say I'm uncoordinated, but I'm definitely not graceful when it comes to walking on snow or ice.

Now for some random facts about me. I was born in Texas and am proud of it. I lived in Fort Worth for four years before moving to Utah. I graduated from Weber High in 2008 and never considered going to college anywhere besides Weber State University. It's nice living at home and not having to pay rent. One of my biggest obsessions is saving money. I'd rather save my money than spend it any day. It almost hurts me when I have to swipe my debit card, but I know spending some money is part of life. I do keep to a very tight budget so I only buy what is absolutely necessary.

Other than my strict money habits, I'm pretty laid back and enjoy doing whatever my friends or family want to do. I'm a huge fan of the Twilight series and could read the books over and over again. A talent that I probably shouldn't brag about, but do, is my expertise at video games. I pretty much rock. I don't have a lot of time to play them, but when I do, nobody can beat me. My favorite type of television show is anything relating to reality television. I know it's a waste of time, but it's addicting. I hate scary movies because my eyes fill up with tears when I'm terrified.

Well, I can't think of anything else to say and luckily I've reached 500 words so I'm going to stop writing now. Good luck with the semester everybody!

5 comments:

  1. A fellow gamer girl! My morning just got way better! If you end up replacing Big Buddha, I don't think anyone would really mind haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fort Worth area! Do you know where Plano is? I have friends that live there. BEAUTIFUL! And I adore the Galleria!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaylee! We're in the same class again! How've you been? Ha ha, I remembered that you really liked Twilight! But I didn't know you were a gamer! All my brothers are, but I suck! No hand-eye coordination I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gamers are always amazing people. At least in my biased eyes. I agree that the cold is an awful invention. It's better to have 100 degree weather than anything below 40.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What kinds of video games do you play? What console? Big Buddha is my favorite! Those are some big shoes to fill (pun intended)!

    ReplyDelete