Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Blonde in Me...

Okay, so we've all heard typical blonde jokes and how many of us it takes to fix a light bulb, but I am living proof that we are our own kind of people. It took me just about the whole week to figure out this blogging business and thank goodness for my sister (who is an amazing/hilarious blogger) or I would be SOL for this weeks assignment.

ANYWAYS... My name is Mary Melissa Capron but as far as my records with the school are concerned I am still Mary Melissa Watson. Name changing after marriage should be something they start doing as a drive-thru service because

1- Have you ever been to a DMV? Yuck!
and
2- Marriage is hard enough work in itself do I really need to spend 45 minutes in line just to be told I have the wrong documents?
(and that's after I called four times to verify what I need)

Regardless of my name, I have been married just over two months to my wonderful husband. We lived across the highway, less than half a mile, from each other for eight years and never met. Magically, we met in July of 2009, dated, got engaged the following March, and married October 28th. Best decision I ever made! We have so much fun whether it's arguing over furniture or arguing about how many pairs of shoes I own. He loves me! We just built a home in east Layton, where both our families live and I absolutely love it.

Enough about him; on to me! I am 22 years young and was born in Shreveport, Louisiana where I lived for most of my childhood. My family moved to Utah, where my parents are originally from, for my dad's business and the rest is history! I am a senior, graduating in the spring, graduating with a degree in Public Relations with an emphasis in Health Care. My hope is to join the ranks of a hospital administration to boost their relations with the public!

My favorite things to do include traveling, playing and watching sports (especially the JAZZ!), playing with my adorable nieces and nephews, dancing, finding killer discounts on additions to my house, reading, laughing with my sisters and mom, doing makeup, and beating my husband at any card game we play. My favorite place on earth is the Hyde Park Hotel in London next to Marble Arch. I spent a summer traveling Europe and that place will always be my second home. I would also live on the beach if I could. There is nothing better to me than white sand, blue water, cushioned chair, strawberry daiquiri, and a good book. Is that too much to ask?

I am glad for the opportunity to be taking this course because I am a horrible spelling, for one, and two, because I actually like editing other people's work. My husband and girlfriends always come to me to help with their papers.

I hope that gave you a good enough look into the life of Mary. If not, send me a question!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous you've been to Europe! That's so awesome! I will definitely go there some day before I die.
    I agree with you about the beach! My family has a condo down in San Diego, so we get to go down there every once in a while. It's the best place to be. :)

    ReplyDelete