Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lakers !



Hello Class. My name is Deric San Juan. I am a senior majoring in Public Relations & Advertising with an emphasis in Marketing. I am a transfer student from Los Angeles, California. I decided to go to Weber State because my girlfriend graduated from Weber with a Business Administration degree. Coming to WSU to finish my undergrad has been one of the best decisions I have ever made.

I am an outgoing person by nature and as some people in this class know, I am not shy. I enjoy writing, reading, playing Call of Duty Black Ops, GOLF, basketball, football, weight lifting, kick boxing, poker, movies, spending time with family, friends and of course my girlfriend.

I am an avid LAKER fan, Raider fan, Angel fan and Trojan fan. I will admit that sometimes debating with Jazz fans gives me high blood pressure since the Lakers are a far superior basketball team.

I currently write for the Signpost and I am also involved with several activities and organizations throughout the campus such as Lampda Pi Eta. After graduation I plan to go to grad school. My top three choices are NYU, the U, or back home at USC. I want to pursue my graduate degree in marketing or communication management after which I will pursue a career in marketing or corporate P.R.

An interesting fact about me is, I was born on Halloween and my mom was born on New Years' day. In addition to this, my girlfriend and I are both ambidextrous, both of our last names start with "San" and both of our last names are capitals of countries. My last name is the capital of Puerto Rico and hers is the capital of Chile.

I love to travel. I have been to Hong Kong, the Philippines, Korea, Canada, Mexico and roughly 30 of the fifty states including Hawaii, New York, Florida, Nevada, Washington and of course Utah. I plan on go to Europe after graduation and possibly New Zealand as well.

More tid bits that describe me: Mac user, 80's baby, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, I like all types of music and movies, spontaneous, adventurous, Japanese food, Italian food, Chinese food, Popeyes, The Food Network, for those of you who have not seen Spartacus; Watch it!!! Sleeping, fishing, eating, playing and sometimes shopping.

Technology and social media are a big part of my life. I am on Facebook and or YouTube on a daily basis. I also own a Blackberry, which is connected to my Facebook, a Mac, which has Skype on it, a PS3, which I use for everything since there is a browser on it and an Ipad, which in my opinion is a giant Ipod touch.

That pretty much sums it up, so good luck everyone with this class and this semester. Hope to see most of you at graduation. Go Wildcats !!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Deric,

    I enjoyed reading your post. It looks like you and I share a lot of the same interests, just different teams. I thought the best part of your post, though, was the part about you and your girlfriend's last names. It sounds like you have everything nice and planned out. That is a very good thing, keep sight of those goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are officially in all the same classes! Great post! I almost didn't recognize you but the Lakers picture gave it away.

    ReplyDelete