Sunday, January 9, 2011

Dev


My name is Devin Hill and I am a Communication minor here at Weber State. I got my Associates Degree at Salt Lake Community College before transferring here and I like it at Weber A LOT more than I did at SLCC. I have been in school way too long but I am getting close to finishing (depending on how you look at it because I have thought about going to law school or graduate school after that). Most of my work experience up to this point in my life has been in the financial services industry, but I am getting really tired of trying to help people manage their money because they are too lazy? Ignorant? to do it themselves. I don’t know what some people are thinking when it comes to their finances but it has helped me a lot personally know how to (or not to) deal with finances.


As far as my interests go, I love a lot of things and sports are the first thing that comes to mind. I think college football is the greatest thing in the world. This is somewhat of a sad time as the season is now all but over but we still have a month left of the NFL, which has to suffice after the college season is done, and less than eight months until the 2011 college season begins. My favorite team is BYU and some of my earliest memories are going to games down in Provo. I also love the Utah Jazz and most other sports.


My other favorite hobbies are wakeboarding, snowboarding, golfing, playing tennis, and going to concerts. Wakeboarding and snowboarding give you somewhat of a thrill and also allow you to enjoy the outdoors and nature’s beauty. Golf and tennis are enjoyable and competitive but not TOO competitive. I also love concerts because music is something that I, like most people, am passionate about and the atmosphere and energy at a live concert just can’t be beat.


The thing I love most in my life are my family and friends. I wouldn't have those hobbies if I didn't have family and friends to participate in them with. I am the fifth of six children and am very close to all of my siblings. I also have a close group of friends that I hang out with all the time. We're always having a good time really no matter what we do. This last summer a few of us went on a trip to New York City. It was a nice, long trip and we got a lot accomplished including going the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, going to a Yankees game, going to the Top of the Rock Observation Deck, and just seeing as many sights as we could. I can’t wait to go back there again some day. Our latest thing has been making movies about various real events that have occurred among different members of our group. It’s been a lot of fun. The picture is of some of my friends and myself at the Yankees game in NY. I’m the farthest one back looking at the camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment