Friday, January 21, 2011

“Wowo;; today is just a crappy day..Me &&Ross are over.. ):”

Reading chapter three in “When Words Collide” was really eye opening to me. The secrets were interesting and I definitely found a few I could work on. Reading the section on “Insta-Talk” was pretty enjoyable as well. I absolutely HATE text language. I hate using it, I hate reading it and I especially hate trying to decipher its actual meaning.
Unfortunately the same language is all over the internet. Most of the time I just find it irritating but sites like failbook.com make it pretty comical. Failbook.com is a place to post “fail” worthy messaging that has occurred over text or on facebook.com. One such “fail” that I saw just today read: “note to the owner of this laptop…. it isn’t smart to leave it in the middle of an airport lounge unattended with your facebook logged in”. Now, this isn’t even HALF as bad as some of the others I’ve seen but there are definitely a few errors in there. This next one is a little worse but still not as bad as I’ve seen. “Wowo;; today is just a crappy day..Me &&Ross are over.. ):” Again, several errors. It’s like once you log onto your Facebook all grammatical knowledge leaks out the ears. I’m not an expert in the grammar department (AT ALL) but I know “Me &&Ross are over.. ):” has just a few errors.
*The picture below is from my post last week. I didn’t have a picture of the sign last week so I ran to Burger Stop this week to take the photo.

3 comments:

  1. I find "text" language really annoying too! I especially hate it when people use it so much that they forget they need to write properly for papers and other important messages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dnt no wut u r tlkin abt? i luv it!

    NOT, I totally know what you mean. Lazy texters, can you imagine what will happen in the future?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha the future? The English language, as we know it, will likely cease to be if it keeps going like this!

    ReplyDelete