Monday, January 10, 2011

Eric


Hey, all. My name is Eric Jensen. I'm a Journalism major here at WSU, and Dr. J's favorite student. I am the managing editor at The Signpost, and print journalism has been a passion of mine for a long, long time. Unfortunately, technology is ruining enthusiasm for words printed on paper, so my emphasis is in web publishing. That's not to say all of the technological advances we're seeing are bad things. In fact, I'm as guilty as anyone for the growing trends. My wife gave me a Kindle for Christmas, and it's pretty bomb.

A little about me... I love sports. Basketball, baseball and football are my favorites, but I'll get excited about pretty much any sport. I follow professional surfing and really enjoy MMA. My wife says I'm too competitive. I think competition is healthy.

I write a weekly sports column for The Signpost. It's titled "Pertinent Position," and it runs on Wednesdays. You should check it out sometime. I am currently an intern for KSL.com, where I write stories about WSU men's basketball. I also do play-by-play commentary of the women's basketball games for Big Sky TV's online broadcasts. I enjoy it all.

If I could live anywhere in the world, I would choose Oahu's North Shore. I love the ocean, and would rather sit on the beach than do just about anything else. In my opinion, swimming in the sea is one of the most rejuvenating activities on earth.

My dream job would be as a columnist for ESPN The Magazine. I'd like to win a Pulitzer one day. I don't know exactly where I'll end up after I graduate from WSU, but I'm taking the LSAT this summer and hope that it will give me some direction.

I'm taking too much space now, so I'll end. I'm looking forward to the class, and hoping to make this semester an outstanding one.

1 comment: