Monday, January 17, 2011

Ben Lowell







Hello all, my name is Ben Lowell. Here's a little about me. I am majoring in Spanish and my minor is communication. I plan to teach Spanish and then move into school administration as a principal. I have been married almost4 years.We have two beautiful daughters: Brooklyn, two and a half, and Brighton, a week and a half. I currently work with as a broker with Fidelity Investments and have been there over three years. That is an accomplishment given the state of the economy over the last three years.


I am a sports fanatic. I am a Jazz fan and a BYU fan. Deron Williams is unstoppable and Jimmer Fredette is the best college player fr
om a Utah school I have ever seen. I am a big fan of playing basketball as well. I play in Men's b-ball leagues here in the valley.





I like music. I like to think of myself as a musician in progress. I enjoy composing music and trying to find a way to get into the music business in some place. I like to compose piano/jazz/rock music and I also would like to get into composing movie scores. My dream is to one day have my own recording studio in my basement with all of the instruments that I will need to compose the music.

As for my background, it is somewhat unique. I was born in Quito, Ecuador. I have lived in Utah for many years, but I also have lived 9 years out of the country in Ecuador, Guatemala, and Puerto Rico. I went to Bountiful high school and graduated in 2003. I am the fifth of seven children. My dad is from Colorado and my mom is from Oregon. The reason we traveled so much was for my dad's job. He had some great employment opportunities overseas and so that's why we lived in South America.
In 2006 I was in the Pajama Game at Roger's Memorial Theatre in Centerville and that is where I met my wife. Holly and I were both in the cast and became very good friends during the show. She thought I was hilarious. Now she just shakes her head at my jokes. I guess
I'm really not that funny. She was a Northridge graduate and we now live in South Weber where she grew up. She is an RN and she works at a clinic in South Ogden.

No comments:

Post a Comment