Thursday, January 13, 2011

WHO DAT!


Hey everyone. I'm Kenny Morris. I'm a senior here at Weber majoring in Public Relations and Advertising.

I moved here from my hometown of New Orleans in 2009. I attended LSU (Geaux Tigers) for the first three years of my undergrad where I majored in microbiology. I enjoy watching sports, listening to music, playing guitar, and playing golf.

I was born in New Orleans in 1988 and lived there until I was three when my family and I moved to Shreveport, La., then to Monroe, La., then to Dallas, Tx., and finally back to New Orleans again when I was just starting 7th grade. During my senior year of high school, Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast. I was on my way to play in a golf tournament in Pass Christian, MS the day before it hit. I was going to stay there and try to avoid the hurricane, but as it turns out, 80% of Pass Christian was destroyed by the hurricane. My high school was under six feet of water and I had to relocate back to Shreveport with a group of friends from our high school in New Orleans to finish my senior year.

Any way...

Sports are my life. Especially Louisiana sports. My favorite football teams are the Saints and the Tigers, and my favorite basketball team is the Hornets. Since Louisiana doesn't have a baseball team, I am a die-hard Red Sox fan. The happiest day of my life was when the Saints won the Super Bowl last season. I was in Miami for the game, but did not attend. During LSU's 2007 National title year, I attended every home game at Tiger stadium, and watched from outside the Superdome as they they took the Ohio State Buckeyes to the cleaners.

Coming to WSU has been one of the most enlightening and rewarding, both personally and academically, experiences of my life. I have met some incredible people some of whom i will be friends with for many years to come. The culture of this school has changed the way I look at life, and the way I live it.

After I graduate in April, I am going off to graduate school in either Texas, Washington, New York or here in Utah. I hope to one day be a PR/Advertising representative for a major sports team.

If there is anything else you all want to know, don't hesitate to ask.

1 comment:

  1. WHO DAT!! Kenny, you are my favorite. GEAUX TIGERS! Truly a man after my own heart. I am a southern belle trapped in a snow fort we call "Utah".

    ReplyDelete