Monday, January 17, 2011

An untimely introduction

Hello, my name is Peter Golde. I am a 20 year old outdoor enthusiast. I couldn’t figure out how to post my own blog so I decided this was a viable plan B.

This will be my sixth semester here at Weber State University, and I bleed purple. I am an Organizational Communication major with an emphasis in Training and Development. I chose this major because my previous field of study was Secondary Education with a Physical Sciences concentration. I have always been interested in teaching people new skills, and I was concerned that teaching kids might become too repetitive.

My dream job would be a corporate trainer working with software. As new software is developed I would be able to preview, ‘test drive’ this software, and develop a training program to acquaint employees with the new systems. I would like to make a modest yet healthy salary ($95,000) and have very good benefits.

I look forward to the new software and other computer related technologies that will be coming out in the coming years. The speed at which the world has been developing in the last decade has been really fascinating, and it has revolutionized the way we as a civilization communicate (It was about time for an overhaul if you ask me!).

I work at Snowbasin, a local ski resort, as your friendly man in red and blue running the lifts. I love my job! Working on the mountain is exciting and dynamic, and it provides me with a sense of satisfaction everyday when I go home. When I am not at school I am usually on the mountain working. Working full-time and going to school full-time will definitely be a challenge, but if I can kill that little voice in the back of my head encouraging me to procrastinate all the time it shouldn’t be too hard to excel this semester.

If it is summer time then you will always see me smiling. I love the summer and all the activities that go along with it. If we were meeting in a classroom you might see me with my longboard, but if you are on campus a lot then I guarantee you’ll see me rolling by (always evading Campus PD of course!). I also love to hike, rock climb, run, bike, and a medley of other outdoor activities.

I love to write, but typically I write creatively or in my journal/notebook which I have on my person 24/7. I write lots of lists. I tend to forget things if I don’t write them down and cross them off. It has become a habit of mine to make a list on Friday so that I know what I need to do on the weekend. I think it would be really interesting to continue on with these lists for several years, all the while archiving old notebooks as I fill them up. After many years I would be able to look back and see what my life was like and what I was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment