Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Snowball Gobstoppers > Everyday Gobstoppers

I'm Brittany Thornhill. My name is too long, and it doesn't fit on most "Your Name Here" lines on worksheets. I enjoy being a 25 year old lady. Video games are fun; currently playing through Dance Central for the Kinect. I can "Soulja Boy" like nobody's business. I love way too many bands/artists, and Netflix Instant Streaming is probably the best thing ever invented.

I'm a Super Senior, which is a phenomenon that happens when you transfer schools twice and take a year off against your will. I'm a Secondary Education (English concentration) Major with a journalism minor. I've managed to make a four-year degree turn into an eight-year degree, and it's the most boring and only magic trick I know. This is my first online class, not counting the silly new math program.

I spent the first 15 years of my life in Green, Ohio, moved to Syracuse, Utah in 2001 when my dad was promoted, moved back to Ohio in 2005 for weak and terrible reasons, then moved back to Syracuse in 2009 to be with a boy. I've been with the boy since we graduated high school (Clearfield High, 2004), so it's not some weird "ooo met a dude on MySpace!" deal. He's a sweet guy with a promising career in Computer Science.

I was also attacked by the bee in my picture at the State Fair last year. I thought he just wanted to tell me about earthquake preparedness, but he just wanted to attack me with stickers. I'm terrified in that picture.

When I wasn't working at Frightmares during my junior and senior year at Clearfield, I was the Arts & Entertainment and Sports editor for The Falcon. Our biggest controversy was declaring debate as not a sport. The debate coach went head-hunting for a while after that story.

I'm reading through Eating the Dinosaur, Chuck Klosterman's latest book. I adore Klosterman; Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs changed my reading and journalistic habits for life. Chuck Klosterman is the only person to make me think about changing my major back to journalism.

I hear the "wrap-up" music, so if I've missed anything it's probably on Internet somewhere!

4 comments:

  1. Brittany! You look super familiar, I'm just positive we've had some classes together! Sounds like we were rivals in high school ;) I went to Layton High. My husband is going into computer science as well. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post! :) Have a fantastic semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a very good chance we've had classes together or at the very least passed each other numerous times in Elizabeth Hall; I practically live there! I've seen the sports element in Debate now that I'm out of high school (fist fight over gun control haha)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I know the same tricks that you do. My four year degree will probaby take six years. Technically it will be about 37 years to get my degree. I love online classes. I have taken as many as I can, so I hope you enjoy this class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittany! Another class with Sheree, eh? Ha, this one should be a bit more fun than Comm Law. I hope.

    ReplyDelete