Monday, January 31, 2011

Brought to you by a Hole in my Ceiling & a Toblerone

The section on active and passive voice helped me write my article this week. I wrote on the Super Bowl, which was hard because it hasn't happened yet. It also didn't help that everyone I talked to didn't seem to give two hoots about it. ANYWAY, Chapter 4 helped keep me in the passive voice and choose my verbs wisely.

Verbs are like girls; they have mood swings and very loud voices. I didn't realize the amount of fanciness that was attached to verbs, either, which helps understand the differing verb tenses and forms much better.

I did remember a song that helped with linking verbs. I couldn't find a clip of the song that didn't involve shaky camera effects or annoying teenagers, but the lyrics do the song justice: Reggie and the Full Effect - Linkin Verbz

1 comment:

  1. Those lyrics are hysterical! Oh, and I can’t forget, “Verbs are like girls; they have mood swings and very loud voices,” also hysterical. I enjoyed your post! My post last week was about passive voice. It’s very helpful to understand how to spot and avoid it!

    ReplyDelete